1. PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available to you and you may be asked for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and other information as appropriate. Further, you may visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain service related activities.
Your personal information may also be collected in an encrypted form from areas on our website that is accessible only to users with special authorization such as the shareholder portal or job application portal. For every application or process with which we collect your personal information, we will provide an individualized privacy statement.
2. NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
3. WEB BROWSER COOKIES
4. HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
The Company may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
• To facilitate any requests made and insurance plan obtained by you and to promote the products and services of the company and its brand.
• To improve customer service; the information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
• To personalize user experience, we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our customers as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site and our Company.
• We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
• To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature to send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
• To send periodic emails and SMS alerts, we may use contact details to send User information and updates on your insurance policy. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails and SMS alerts that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails and SMS alerts, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email and SMS alert or you may contact us via our Site or customer hotline.
• For analytical purposes; we may share your information with service providers to have User habits and other related analysis.
5. REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE DATA
You are required to provide full and accurate details in the forms required by us for us to process the services requested by you. We are unable to confirm or process any requests made by you if you do not provide such personal data as required.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
7. USE OF PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES
In addition to the purposes set out above, the Company may use your name and contact details for promotional and marketing purposes including sending you promotional materials and conducting direct marketing in relation to products and services offered by the Company and Companies and brands within the John Keells Group of Companies.
8. RECIPIENTS OF DATA
We may provide your personal data to our service providers, any person authorized to act as an agent of the Company in relation to the distribution of insurance products and services and other parties as required for facilitating any requests made and insurance plans obtained by you or to promote the products and services of the company and its brand. We may also share your data with our trusted associate companies for business, data analytics, and promotional activities.
We may also provide your personal data to government or regulatory bodies in any jurisdiction only if the Company is under a legal and/or regulatory obligation to do so and/or to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities.
9. RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
You shall have the right to request from the Company, access to and rectification of personal data concerning the data subject. You shall also have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time, provided that any processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal of your consent shall not be rendered unlawful. Further, if you are an EU data subject, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if there is a breach of the relevant data protection regulations.
11. PERIOD FOR WHICH THE PERSONAL DATA WILL BE STORED
We will delete your personal data as soon as it is no longer required for the purposes set out above and no legal documentation or retention requirements apply.
12. ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By accessing this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
13. CONTACTING US
Union Assurance PLC,
No. 20, St. Michael’s Road,
Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
Tel No : +94 11 2990990
e-mail : [email protected]
You may contact our Information Security Officer at the aforementioned address, or via the e-mail address [email protected] .
Although we attempt to keep all information in the WWW servers accurate and up to date, the accuracy and time lines of the information provided cannot be guaranteed. We hope that you will find the information helpful and easy to use, but we provide all content for informational purposes only and make no representations or warranties of any kind regarding the same. The Company and its management and its owning company disclaim all liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of the use of, or inability to use, its WWW servers and the information contained on them. The Company’s WWW servers were designed to provide information about the Company, its products, and links to specific external sites. The use of this system for any purpose other than that for which it was designed is unauthorized and prohibited.
15. SUBMITTED MATERIALS
All parties submitting materials to the WWW servers represent and warrant that the submission, installation, copying, distribution, and use of such materials in connection with the WWW servers will not violate any other party’s proprietary or legal rights.
16. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The material and content provided on the Site are strictly for your personal and non-commercial use only. However, you could save where expressly provided, and you agree not for yourself or through or by way of assistance from any third party to distribute, copy, extract or commercially exploit such material or contents. Except as otherwise indicated, all materials on this Site, including, but not limited to text, information such as; customer or partner references, data, images and pictures, illustrations and written and other materials contained in this Site are protected by copyrights, database rights, trademarks and /or other Intellectual Property rights owned, or used with permission of their owners by us or our partners, affiliates or associates. This Site is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. All rights reserved.
17. THIRD PARTY CONSENT